Dear Readers and Colleagues,
The December edition, which is the 75th issue of “Journal of Ultrasonography,” marks the end of the publishing year. This year, 204 authors and co-authors from 26 countries, who created 55 publications, were guests of our journal. Since the appearance of our quarterly in the PubMed Central in December 2015, the number of foreign publications has been continuously increasing, with the proportion of non-Polish articles reaching 67.2% in the past year. We are also very proud of the fact that the citation rate of our publications in other journals is growing on a constant basis, which means that we do publish good and interesting articles and reach a broader and broader range of readers.
All of this is thanks to our Authors, Reviewers, Program Board as well as Readers, who are very attentive censors. This is also an effect of indexing of our Journal in numerous databases to increase its availability to readers all around the world. The Journal can be currently found in the following databases:
• BASE – Bielefeld Academic Search Engine
• CNKI Scholar (China National Knowledge Infrastructure)
• Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
• Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science)
• Google Scholar
• Hinari (World Health Organization)
• Index Copernicus
• Keeping Registry
• Microsoft Academic
• the list of indexed journals of the Polish Ministry of Science and Higher Education
• Polish Scientific Journals Database
• Polska Bibliografia Lekarska
• ProQuest – Summon
• PubMed Central
• ROAD (Directory of Open Access scholarly Resources)
• Semantic Scholar
The approaching New Year will bring the answer whether our efforts will results in placing “Journal of Ultrasonography” in the Scopus database and whether our still increasing citation rate will translate into the first IF.
Awaiting this decision and pondering over our current successes and further steps of the development of our Journal, we would like to thank all those who support us and wish you all the best in the upcoming New Year, in both professional and private life.